Just found a set of Murphy’s Laws in Colvin’s (1972) Coastwise and Offshore Cruising Wrinkles, a very entertaining book on cruising design. There are six in total:
MURPHY’S LAWS RELATING TO THE BEHAVIOR OF INANIMATE OBJECTS
- If anything can go wrong, it will go wrong.
- When left to themselves, things always go from bad to worse.
- If there is a possibility of several things going wrong, the one that will go wrong is the one that will do the most damage.
- Nature always sides with the Hidden Flaw.
- Mother Nature is a Bitch.
- If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something.
From Thomas Colvin 1972. Coastwise and Offshore Cruising Wrinkles.